Equality and Opportunity
Promoting Equality: Curriculum
We aim to provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed. To achieve this we will ensure:
- Curriculum planning reflects a commitment to equality.
- The curriculum prepares pupils for life in a diverse society and uses opportunities to reflect the background and experience of pupils and families in the school.
- There will be opportunities in the curriculum to explore concepts and issues related to identity and equality.
- The promotion of attitudes and values that celebrate and respect diversity and challenge discriminatory behaviour and language wherever it occurs.
- The use of images and materials which positively reflect a range of cultures, identities and lifestyles.
Promoting Equality: Achievement
There is a consistently high expectation of all pupils regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, ability, social background and sexual orientation. To secure the best possible outcomes we recognise that:
- Adults in the school will be expected to provide good, positive role models in their approach to all issues relating to equality of opportunity.
- It is important to identify the particular needs of individuals and groups within the school and to use targeted interventions to narrow gaps in achievement.
- A range of teaching methods is used throughout the school to ensure that effective learning takes place at all stages for all pupils.
- All pupils are actively encouraged to engage fully in their own learning.