Our mission, vision and values
Our vision is 'Everyone Exceptional Every day' and this, together with our mission statement,
˜To enable our students and staff to achieve their best' drives our ethos.
Our values are:
Respect: recognise, understand and celebrate differences
Integrity: truth and honesty in all we do in and out of the academy
Team Work: work together effectively and efficiently
Aspiration: be the best you can be.
- To sustain a culture of high expectations in which every individual is valued equally.
- To equip all our students for lifelong learning enabling them to achieve their potential.
- To provide an environment in which all staff experience a sense of professional well-being and are enabled to give of their best.
- To provide an engaging, creative and enjoyable experience of teaching and learning.
- To engender a sense of personal worth and physical and emotional well-being which enables students to become confident, self-reliant, self-disciplined, healthy and responsible.
- To promote excellent standards of behaviour through highly effective personal relationships.
- To equip students with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary for them to make a positive contribution to society and prepare them for the world of work.
- To foster effective partnerships between students, staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
Living according to our values
At MJS we have agree to live our lives by our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Aspiration
- Recognise, understand and celebrate differences
- We treat others as we would like to be treated
- We appreciate each other's individuality
- We sustain a tidy, well-kept and purposeful environment
It is a British value to have tolerance and mutual respect.
- Truth & honesty in all we do in and out of the academy
- We have the morals and courage to do and say the right thing in a respectful way
- We are fair, sincere and honest
- We understand the rules and meet the expectations of our learning community
The rule of law in our British society is reflected in our school by the behaviour rules and high expectations.
- Work together effectively and efficiently
- We value everyone's contribution to school life
- We listen with empathy in order to understand
- We collaborate, share, encourage and develop ideas to make us stronger.
Democracy is a British value where we listen to the ideas of others in order to understand and abide by the democratic process.
- We set, and strive to meet, our high expectations
- We celebrate every step of our progress to our goals
- We take pride in ourselves and what we do.
In exercising our individual liberty in a responsible and productive manner we are fulfilling a fundamental value of our British society.